Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Angry Cat (“company”,”we”, ”us”, "our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy., If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website http://www.angrycat.com (the “website”), use our mobile application, as the case may be (the “app”) and more generally, use any of our services (the “services”, which include the website and ap), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected throughout services (which, as described above, includes our website and App), as well as any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information we collect.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES?
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information automatically collected
In short: some information – such as your internet protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services.
This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and usage data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings information about your activity in the services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the services. For example, we may use the GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or disabling your location setting on your device. Note, however, if you choose to opt-out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the services.
Information collected through our app
In short: we collect information regarding your geolocation, mobile device, push notifications, when you use our App.
If you use our app, we also collect the following information:
- Geolocation information. We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you’re using our app, to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile device access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile devices SMS messages, social media accounts, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Push notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the App. If you wish to opt out of receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our app, for troubleshooting and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In short: we process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance without legal obligations and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you with your consent, and/or for compliance without legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract. See the section below headed “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?” for further information.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our services that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, nor delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ben sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our services.
- To enable user-to-user communications we may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To protect our services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- Fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the services.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to use for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our services, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trend, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns n dot evaluate and improve our services, products, marketing and your experience. We many use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it isn’t associated with individual end-users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In short: we only share information with your consent to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: we may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: we may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests
- Performance of a contract: where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal obligation: we may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order to subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital interests: we may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
5. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In short: if you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our services offer you the ability no register and log in using your third-party social media account detail (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on such social media platform.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice or that are otherwise made clear to you on the relevant services. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you can set up your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
6. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In short: we may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in. if you are accessing our services from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above), in and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European economic area (EEA) or United Kingdom (UK), then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In short: we keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than twelve (12) months past the termination of the user’s account.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process our personal information we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your information has been stored in back-up archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In short: we aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 1200% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cyber criminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our services id at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In short: you may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are a resident in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at email@example.com
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log into your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: you can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list- however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt out, you may:
- Access account settings and update your preferences
- Contact us using the contact information provided
10. CONTROLS FOR DO NOT TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a So-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In short: yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California civil code section 1798.83, also known as the “shine the light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with a service, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g., back-ups, etc.).
12. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In short: yes, we will update his notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “revised’ date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly se ding you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact out data protection officer (DPO), TBC, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to:
20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, United Kingdom